Pharmacology for Health Workers
Pharmacology for Healthcare Workers 2013
- Define the meaning of some of the terms used in pharmacology
- Explain the application of pharmacology to your role
- Describe the difference between a prescription drug, a pharmacy-only medicine and general sales list medicine
- Specify some of the relevant legislation relating to the prescribing of medicines
- Explain the professional guidelines relating to practitioners and the prescription of drugs.
- Explain why drugs are formulated into medicines
- Explain the importance of the study of pharmacokinetics
- Understand the importance of accurate recording and reporting procedures.