Diabetes Unit 3
Unit 3 Standard 9: Diabetes and Pregnancy
- Explore the difference between women with existing diabetes who become pregnant and women who develop diabetes as a result of becoming pregnant.
- Examine the physiological problems of diabetes in pregnancy.
- Examine particular health issues and risks to the mother and to the baby related to diabetes in terms of preconception management, conception, antenatal care, labour and delivery, postnatal care and care of the newborn baby.
- Explore the current research and literature related to best care for this group of people and develop strategies to ensure seamless care between diabetes services and other parts of the health service.
- Analyse Standard 9 from the NSF for Diabetes.